History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Phase One Complete

Well the first phase of moving is complete. The big truck is loaded with our furniture and about 99% of our belongings. For the next week we'll be living under the "Take only what you need to survive" philosophy. ("It's my industrial strength hair dryer and I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!")

Ahem... sorry about that.

Anyway, Chad's brothers and his friend Garth came to do the heavy moving stuff and Tricia graciously came to help me keep Erik out of trouble while I also aided in cleaning and organizing. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Yesterday I slipped and fell in the shower, causing a great amount of pain in my back that prevents me from doing a whole lot of anything for any truly productive length of time. Suck. At least I have until Wednesday morning to complete my cleaning, so I should have it done by then.

Note: Magic Erasers kick ass at taking marks and other stuff off walls.

Erik did not take well to sleeping in his pack & play tonight. We listened to him scream for about 5 minutes before he started to calm down. I think Tricia was very correct in saying that he was overstimulated. Overstimulated and overtired make for a very unhappy child. I hope he isn't going to be like this all week. That would really suck.

Well, Chad will be back any moment with some Dairy Queen. I'm going to take some Tylenol and then lounge on the airbed with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home