History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Friday, September 05, 2008


Brain Dump


Most of the people who read this blog know that I live in the Twin Cities. And, most of those people also know that I work in downtown St. Paul. In case you’ve been trapped in a cave or you’re really good at ignoring the news, the RNC had occupied downtown St. Paul for the past 4 days. Well, that’s not completely true. The RNC main events were from September 1-4, but downtown started with some big cosmetic (and temporary) changes a week ago. The fence and police presence (most of them in full riot gear) was very impressive and made me feel like beyond it was somewhere I did not want to be. What was beyond that fence? Did some sort of disease break out in downtown St. Paul and the fence is there to keep the zombies from the rest of the Twin Cities population? No, it was hardly that cool. It was just the RNC. Sigh…


Last night I worked for an event held at the History Center. It was interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many WASPs in one place. For people at seemed so wealthy (large Prada, LV bags, lots of jewelry, tailored suits) they certainly are tightwads. Our best customers over the 3 days we were open for business, our best customers were the cops from out of state, especially the ones from Philadelphia (at least that was the case last night). I got a lot of free McCain/Palin swag which Chad took with him this morning to give to his dad.


This is the first election where I’ve become highly interested in what is being said on both sides. In 2000, I was rather disinterested in politics and didn’t really care who won. In 2004, I was more interested and voted but, well… Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche. This year, I’ve already registered to vote and I’ve been watching speeches and following it in the news and fake news. Since I mentioned above that I gave away all of the free stuff I got from the RNC, you can deduce who I’m voting for this year. Hell, if you like him too, you can donate on my personal fundraising page if you so wish.


Ok, done with politics.


One year ago, I started knitting and I caught the knitting bug big time. This year for some Christmas presents I have decided to knit blankets. Ambition! I have one more than halfway finished and may start on two others in addition to knitting washcloths for my grandparents and re-knitting my strip blanket I started last year. My gauge was WAY too big the first time I did it and it just annoyed the hell out me so I did the sensible thing and ripped it apart. I think I may have gone a little crazy with the knitting. Chad made me promise that I would make something for myself once this madness has ended.

Gah... I was going to dump more here, but I think I may have temporarily emptied my brain. Need food. That's probably the problem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home