History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Monday, May 19, 2003

Fini, Part Deux

Chad has now also graduated. He got his BA in English from the U of M. As stated in the previous entry, even some of my family came to his graduation. My mom and step-dad couldn't make it because in the middle of the week, Pete (step-dad) found out he had walking pneumonia. So no 300 mile trip for them. Understandable, and hopefully they can make it for Chad's grad party. The day went well for the most part (more on that in a bit, let me focus on the good stuff first). After his graduation, his dad, Joe (that would be his younger brother), Chad and myself had lunch at White Castle. Ugh. My stomach cannot handle that place and I think I'm going to finally swear off eating there. Then for dinner Dad and Vicki (his girlfriend) took us to Kozlak's. Yum! Very good steak with rather rich prices, but, hey, we weren't paying and the steak was awesome, so I'm not going to complain too much about it.

Ok, now the bad part. Notice how I have not mentioned Chad's mom being at his graduation yet. Well there is good reason for that. She wasn't there. Didn't bother to fucking show up. Oh she knew. We had been calling her everyday all last week just to remind her of it. Yes, she forgets easily. But that wasn't even her excuse because she called today asking how it went. We weren't around and Joe gave us the message. She had to work. That was her fucking excuse. Her oldest child graduates from college and she had to work at a job she doesn't need. What do I mean by that? Her husband has money and told her she doesn't need to work, she's just helping a friend get her new business off the ground. Doing her a favor. She's only been there 2 weeks. She knew about the fucking graduation. Work... fucking lame. She could have at least come up with a better excuse. Her car broke down, she got lost, she was sick.... almost anything would have been better than saying she had to work. It like she planned not to go to it. She asked Joe if she could buy a tape of it and watch it. Fuck. That's something you go to, not watch on TV. Chad hasn't bothered to call her yet. If she can't make time for him, why should he do the same for her. Work. My dad took off of 2 days of work, he's actually missing both jobs today, to come to this AND travelled 600 miles round trip to do it. Work. Fucking lame.

Oh yeah, when she called she was out to dinner at the same Perkins that Chad and I were at, just in the smoking section. Joe told her. She didn't bother to say hello. I think it was her car parked next to Chad's when we left. Probably the best for her because I cannot honestly say I would not have made a scene. She has it coming in my opinion.

Comments? Questions? Email: jennifer.borley@snc.edu

Mystere et boules de gommes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home