History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Monday, September 08, 2003

Where Have They Gone? Where Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*gasp*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid They Go? Eh, Bien, Raise Your Berets to Those Canaan Days


My current reading material is Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend by Christopher Moore. If you're really interested in seeing what this is completely about and if you want to read an excerpt, follow the links. The basis of this book is filling in of the childhood, teen and early adult years of Jesus (Joshua) told by his friend Levi-also-known-as-Biff. It's humorous and highly enjoyable, though I would not be surprised if the staunchly religious find it offensive. If you enjoy the work of Douglas Adams, Christopher Moore is an American version of him, as in, the sense of humor is about the same.

Reading this has made me want to listen to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the worst way (hense the title of this blog) but I really can't until I gather all my shit from my mom's basement. I think it's the humorous take on religion that caused it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home