History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Political Venting

OK, so the election is over and done with. I voted and my guy didn't win. I can accept that. I can express my dislike for the current administration as much as I would like to within all legal means and, hopefully, without catching the attention of the CIA or FBI. Today I would like to briefly discuss a beef I have not with the current administration but with some of the people who voted for it. Some of these people voted for President Bush because of his moral values. Ok, fine. What drives me nuts is when people say they voted for President Bush because he's pro-life. And if they voted for him solely because they believed he is pro-life, then they were either misguided or simply don't know what "pro-life" means. Pro-life is not the same as anti-abortion. You cannot be pro-life while you're flipping the switch to the electric chair. Remember, he was the governor of Texas.

Sorry... I just needed to get that out.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wait a minute--people voted for Bush for a reason? And here I thought they were just reinforcing their committment to stupidity. And ignorance. And ignorance of their own stupidity. Methinks we need to start handin' out some scarlet "s"'s...

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Or....maybe Mr. Bush needs to get on a certain bus and take a ride.....

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    That bus has to be getting pretty full by now, are you sure there's enough room?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home