History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kyle

April 12, 2001 - May 29, 2006

About 8:30pm on Monday, Kyle, our cat of 5 years and quite possibly the friendliest cat I have ever met, died unexpectedly and suddenly.

Chad and I had been upstairs putting Erik to bed when we heard a crash; it sounded like the cats had run into the baby gate while horsing around. I went to go investigate and quite possibly scold them when I saw Kyle lying motionless at the bottom of the stairs. By the time I got down the stairs to him, he was twitching and letting out his last gasps. By the time Chad had come down (after I screamed for him) Kyle was gone. We aren't sure what happened, but we think it was a massive heart attack or stroke since nothing was broken and he hadn't been displaying any signs of sickness.

We're dealing with it as best we can. Erik is too young to realize what happened. Wicket is mopey but he knows that Kyle is gone, he was right there when it happened. We'll undoubtedly be getting another cat sometime soon and from the Humane Society, especially after this story ran in the Post-Crescent today. Considering that we lost Kyle's littler mate, Hetfield, 2 years ago, we think that something may have been wrong with both litters. (They were from 2 different litters, but had the same father). Or it could just be terrible luck. Wicket better live to an old age, if anything for Erik's sake, because Wicket does not belong to us: he is Erik's cat.

That's it for now. In a couple days I may rant about the Emergency Vet. Leeches. (Ranting came early... see above)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I ended up paying over $500 for Chocolate...to die. I hope you don't have me beat. :( Poor kitty.

     
  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

    I'm so sorry, I'll miss him too, even if I was allergic. I'll see you this weekend, hugs to all three of you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home