History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Knitting Projects Update!

I finished some of my projects that I had planned on finishing for the holidays! Hooray!





One thing Chad wanted to see me do with my new knitting hobby was to have me make something for myself. So I did! And there it is! Most people who read this blog have seen the hat in person, so this isn't a big unveiling. It was really easy and quick. I like knitting hats! I made one just like this for my mother-in-law and now she wants a brown one to match her brown coat. I plan on trying my hand at a sweater for myself after the holidays, so when I get the yarn for that project, I'll probably get the yarn for her hat. It can wait until I have my other projects done.




This is the blanket I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Again, easy to do. Tricia and Karin have also made (or still in the process of making) this blanket. If I do this one again in the future, I may take a page out of Karin's book and make it wider since it is really long in one direction. A nice, light weight and incredibly warm. Also, cats like to eat this yarn. Must be the alpaca.



Close-up shot of the blanket.




This is the blanket for Chad's step-mom. I have been working on this one since the end of July. Not quite a Never-Ending-Afghan... I did finish it. :-P However, I did get sick of the pattern quite often in the beginning. Once November hit I picked up the pace so that it was done in plenty of time for Christmas.


Close-up shot of above blanket.



Now I have 6.5 more washcloths to crank out by December 25th and I'll be done with projects! I was going to knit a blanket for my dad's girlfriend, but that may come after the holidays; I doubt I have the time to crank one out now.

This week I need to wrap the gifts I have. Next week I need to finish my Christmas shopping (anyone want to join me?) and bake Christmas goodies! Busy, busy, busy!





2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

    I can join in on the shopping after this week...but the 22/23 might be a bit later for you :P

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Karin said...

    I am suitably impressed with the output. I recommend trying mittens if you get sick of the hat-making. They go really quick after the first attempt. A couple of hours and, voila! project is done. I can send my favorite pattern if interested.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home