History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Sunday, June 29, 2003

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig

Well, I'm back in MN after spending a week in WI. Got to see some of my friends while I was back home and that was cool. Pete is doing well. He had his first chemo treatment on Wednesday without any adverse effects, so hopefully things continue that way. Granted, he and mom are worried about losing the house since Pete cannot return to the job he had previously because working there is what gave him the cancer in the first place. Of course, smoking didn't help, but it wasn't the sole reason for the cancer. I think that they'll be fine as far as the house is concerned. They're doing all sorts of things to save a little money here and there. For instance, my mom bought a new Monte Carlo back in January. Well, she sat down and realized that she didn't need a car like that to simply drive back and forth to work and run a few errands. So, she tranded her 6 month old car in for a new Cavelier. Between car payments and insurance they're already saving $125 a month. My brother is supposed to be moving out of the house by August sometime to work for my uncle in Dallas and for Mom and Pete to get that kid off of their insurance would save them a lot more money too. In the end I think it'll all work out.

The job search continues. I did not get the job at Gage & Gage (I referred to having an interview in the June 18th post). However, tomorrow I have to set up an interview with a law firm tomorrow to be their messenger bitch and I applied for 10 other jobs today so hopefully I'll hear something soon. I knew I was going to have problems with getting a job, but I thought that I would have something by now. Nearly 50 employers have received my resume and I've had 3 interviews and I'm setting up the 4th tomorrow. Chad has applied for nearly 100 jobs (I kid you not) and hasn't had many more interviews than myself. Granted, I think I'm applying for jobs that may be a little below me, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Hopefully we'll both have something soon cuz my monetary funds are heading towards the red.

Also, my comments have seemed to have disappeared since Blogger modified their site. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home