History Reheated

Life's Insane and So Are We

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Down With The Sickness

For several weeks I've been feeling rather shitty. I've been unable to sleep properly and just feeling all around icky. Well, turns out I have a severe bladder infection. You know, I've had bladder infections before and they've always announced themselves with a wonderful burning sensation. However, this time that was not so and the doctor said "You would be amazed what bladder infections can do to a person." Now I'm on a medication that also combats anthrax as well as a pain medication. I have no clue how long I've had this infection, but considering I've been feeling shitty for months, it may have been that long. Why didn't I go to the doctor sooner? Because I thought I was feeling like this because I wasn't sleeping well, and it turns out that it might be the other way around. And what's nice about this whole thing is that the pain reliever is helping me get back onto a more normal sleep schedule. It also makes me loopy, so if somethings don't make sense in this post, I apologize.

HOWEVER, you may notice that I'm writing this post at 3:30am. Why am I awake at 3:30am if I'm supposedly sleeping better? Well, I had a dream that made me freak out a bit. I had a dream about my meds making my Depo shot less effective and getting pregnant again. To quote Tricia: "Eep!" So I got up and checked out WebMD to see if it said anything. According to that website there shouldn't be such an effect, however I'm still calling a nurse later on today to make sure. I love little Erik dearly and I would like more children in the future, and by "future" I mean years from now and after we're married, but I do not want to have Irish Twins, at least not now. Having our wedding plans interrupted once is enough and I have to work my ass off (literally) to get back into shape to fit into my dress. I'm hoping to be able to do so by Christmas. I finally broke down and bought a larger pair of jeans for this in-between-maternity-pants-and-pre-pregnancy-pants period. I'm sick of wearing pants that go up to my rib cage.

Now, it's back to bed for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Katie said...

    Glad you've found the source of the problem. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon :) Take care!

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

    Dude, I'm so happy you figured it out. And I got quoted. I feel so cool! I hate dreams that make you kinda 'stay in them' even when you are awake. Silly sub-consious(sp). Feel much better fast!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home